Continuing Education for Professionals
United Access presents:
"Moving Forward in Mobility...an Insight into the Automotive Mobility Industry"
An introductory course designed for health professionals and rehabilitation professionals to understand the options available for patients and clients potentially in need of automotive modifications. This course teaches professionals about the unique process involved in evaluating and purchasing appropriate automotive options and the process involved in obtaining a driver evaluation for those aspiring to drive.Some Continuing Education Objectives:
- Identify the key players in the Automotive Mobility Industry.
- List the steps for selecting equipment for someone's automotive mobility needs.
- Identify the process of a driver evaluation and when one may be needed.
- List valuable products available to your clients.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the different automotive mobility products.
Each presentation is 1-1.5 hour in length (not including set up or break down) and includes a demonstration of mobility equipment options.
- Breakfast, lunch or snacks will be provided by United Access.
- All presentations are good for one (1) contact hour of Continuing Education and provide great networking opportunities with other professionals!
Each of the United Access trainers are certified to offer CEUs for:
- Physical Therapists MPTA (MO), TPTA (TN), TPTA (TX), ILPTA (IL)
- Occupational Therapists-AOTA (this is a separate training sponsored by NMEDA)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors-CRCC
- Case Managers-CCMC
- Recreation Therapists
- Driver Evaluators-ADED
United Access Disclosure Statement
United Access is an Automotive Mobility Dealer with 9 locations serving Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas and therefore, sells and services many of the equipment options that will be discussed in this training.
** The assignment of CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by the certifying organization.
Continuing Education Complaint Process
We hope that we have provided excellent continuing education trainings, but in the event that a student has a complaint or concern about the program or a specific trainer, please follow this process.
Please contact the Continuing Education Committee at (314)292-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to report any concerns or complaints that you may have regarding the continuing education training provided by United Access.
A formal complaint should be submitted in writing via email or by postal mail to United Access, Attn: Education Coordinator, 9389 Natural Bridge Rd., St. Louis, MO 63134.
A good faith effort will be made to resolve the complaints within 2 weeks of receipt of the written complaint. If the complaint is not resolved in a satisfactory manner, please contact Mary Sauer at email@example.com or (314)443-5470.
Records Request Information
Requests for CE training records must be submitted in writing to: United Access, Attn: Education Coordinator, 9389 Natural Bridge Rd., St. Louis, MO 63134.
Please include name, organization, address, phone number, type of CEU and date of training (if known) when submitting a request for records.
You will receive a response within 2-3 weeks of the received request. If you have not received a response within this time frame, please contact Mary Sauer at (314)989-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org