The prime function of the general manager position at a mobility dealer is to help establish, foster, model and reinforce the basic but essential principles of a collaborative workplace. It is the general manager’s responsibility to oversee and manage daily business operations so that they are performed smoothly, accurately and efficiently. It is also the job of the general manager to develop a constructive yet trusting professional relationship with his/her employees so that coworkers can reach optimum success.
- Plan and direct the day-to-day operation of the store and individual departments (where applicable) including the following: Sales, Accounting, Human Resources, Service, and Support.
- Maintain a consistent business focus with the intent to meet or exceed the dealership’s goals set by either individual departments or the head management team. These goals are to be set at least twice a year and constantly documented for progress
- Identify opportunities and implement action in order to positively impact sales.
- Recruit and hire qualified individuals, train and provide feedback, and maintain a strong trusting relationship with employees.
- Deliver and ensure that the staff consistently delivers customer service as promised by modeling positive, timely resolutions to customer issues.
- Maintain effective communication with the staff and discuss goals and development plans with the managing team as well as your managed employees.
- Consistently maintain and improve the dealership merchandise presentation standards.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with customers, the community, as well as dealership employees.
- Form and continuously enforce dealer/employee policies.
It is necessary to be extremely familiar with the mobility industry, especially the automotive mobility aspect. It is also helpful to have a general understanding of the different cases which could make a customer have a disability and how they affect day-to-day functions.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-high school program is required for this position.
The general manager needs to be a top-notch communicator who can motivate coworkers while being able to work under pressure and solve problems. They also need to have supreme organizational skills and be able to delegate responsibilities in a professional manner.
A strong fluency in the following programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Outlook Express and general Customer Relations Management (CRM) database system.
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Outlook Express and a general Customer Relations Management (CRM} database system
Many of our clients are people who are physically disabled in one way or another. All of these cases require the respect and thoughtfulness of all around them. It is vital to our industry to understand the nature of these disabilities and professionally assist clients in a manner that makes them feel confident in the product they are purchasing.
“We are fortunate to be in an industry that impacts the customers that we serve. The best part is being able to witness lives changed by providing independence.”