Wheelchair Vans for Independent Living
The independent living movement began decades ago by people with disabilities shaping decisions on issues that affect their lives. A major part of these activities involved formation of community- based groups of people with different types of disabilities who joined together to identify barriers and gaps in service delivery. Today we define independent living as working and playing like everyone else.
In contrast to assisted living, independent living is ideal for individuals who can still live independently but enjoy having access to assistance when they need it. Most of these communities offer amenities such as activities and services such as transportation. At United Access we are here to help with those transportation needs. We understand better than anyone how to provide solutions such as customized wheelchair accessible vehicles for your specific needs.
Wheelchair and handicap vans can serve many purposes for your independent living community. The selection of wheelchair accessible vehicles we have at United Access are ideal for:
- Short trips
- Family visits
- Daily activities
- Group outings
- Transportation to-and-from appointments
- And more
Millions of people all over America who experience disabilities have established lives of independence. At United Access, we’d like to help you strengthen that experience to keep residents independent as long as possible.
You have options when it comes to wheelchair accessible vehicles:
- Lowered floor minivans with either side or rear-entry manual or power ramps (when you are transporting less than eight individuals and a smaller vehicle is preferred).
- Full-size vans with a raised roof and raised doors that can accommodate several passengers as well as occupied wheelchair passengers.
- Full-size Paratransit raised roof vans to accommodate non-emergent passengers.
- Mid-size vans which are economical to operate with ample interior heights and a multitude of lengths with side or rear-entry. These can include ADA compliant occupied wheelchair lifts to transport several seated passengers, occupied wheelchair passengers, or both. These midsize vans have nearly any fixed or movable seating configuration or floor plan you may need.
- Midsize vans that incorporate a rear mounted manual ADA compliant ramp to allow for a multitude of fixed and movable seating and occupied wheelchair passenger options.