Welcome to your employee newsletter – The Information Exchange! We are here to provide you insight on everything that is happening at United Access. Here you will find information and updates from sales, service, corporate departments, regional operations, and more. This is YOUR newsletter and we want to hear from you. If there’s something that you’d like to know or something that you think we should add, please let us know.
COVID-19 Important Information
Two months ago today the first case of coronavirus was recorded in Wuhan, China. I don’t think most of us realized how much the world, and our lives, were going to be changed. Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global coronavirus pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life. Our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly.
Our mission and our organization exist for the singular purpose of giving people the power of freedom and independence by providing the safest and most trusted accessible driving solutions in the country. The challenges our customers face every day are enormous. There is no doubt the Coronavirus pandemic challenges their lives even more.
The call for social distancing is critical. It will help to flatten the curve of the epidemic and help protect and promote the health of everyone. One of the ways we can break through the barrier of social distancing is through virtual contact. We are asking that you do your best to work with your customers through digital channels as much as possible. This will help them through their mobility needs and to help keep our business moving in a positive direction.
As our nation’s response to the Coronavirus epidemic continues to evolve, United Access will continue to prioritize customer access and support while following the guidelines established by the CDC along with the state and local public health departments. There is a lot of misleading information out there. Here are a few helpful tips from the World Health Organization to help determine fact from fiction.
Our company was founded on core values – leadership, teamwork, integrity, passion, and respect – and our values are unwavering and continue to guide everything that we do.
This moment reminds us that we’re all connected like never before. We are all called upon to be our best selves, with patience, understanding and compassion for one another. There’s no better time than now to Pay It Forward!
“Like the warmth of the sun And the light of the day, may the luck of the Irish shine bright on your way.” – Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
SALES AND SERVICE UPDATES
Check back next month for an update.
Check back next month for an update.
We are currently running a special promotion in Rochester right now. You can bring your accessible vehicle in to the Rochester location to get a free battery check. If you need to purchase a battery, we’ve included a coupon for $15.00 off with installation. This is a test to see how we can start expanding standard service throughout Untied Access.
Check back next month for results and updates on this promotion and more on how we plan to expand these types of services to your markets.
Please help us welcome our newest CCC member, Aryan Grant, to the team! He is based out of the North St. Louis office and has already proven himself to be a wonderful addition to our team as he is already providing exceptional customer experience to all of our customers! If you hear him on a transfer, make sure to tell him Welcome!
February 2020: The internet department is keeping busy! This past month the internet department alone worked 1066 leads with our Voicemail connection percentage being 65% and Internet at 75%. So far, for the month of March we have already worked 367 leads so we are right on pace to exceed our lead goals this month as well!
Our NWT rate is still well below our goal of 6%! February closed out with a 3.07% which is an amazing commitment to our customers! Thank you so much to all the stores working so hard to ensure our customers are taken care of on each phone call!
check back next month for an update.
Although revenue has been off-pace for the first two months of the fiscal year, we have made good progress with gross margin and in controlling operating expenses. This has allowed us to operate ahead of the EBITDA budget through the first two months. March looks promising and has the potential to close out a good Quarter 1.
DealerStar continues to be a work in process. Even though the implementation and initial transition has been very successful, there is still much work to do. Some of our processes have changed and we have not yet entered into the “normalizing phase” where these new processes become routine. Thank you to everyone for your hard work and efforts in making this critical initiative successful.
DealerStar continues to develop new reporting that will take away some of the manual effort and allow for better, real-time, operational reporting. Please continue to hang in there while the reporting capabilities are improved.
I know you are getting a lot of information on the coronavirus in the media already. I am on a committee with a group from BraunAbility that meets a couple times a week to keep a close eye on the coronavirus. Keeping employee’s safe is a top priority. We will continue to continue to evaluate our preparedness and develop contingency plans for a variety of impacts. The best advice at this point is not to over react, and do the little things that are most important.
What You Can Do:
- Practice Respiratory Disease Prevention: You are familiar with the standard recommendations… wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, cover a cough, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. In addition, we’re asking all employees to sanitize their workstation on a daily basis by wiping down work surfaces, phones and other items.
- Be Diligent About Potential Exposure: We are asking employees to be as diligent and precautionary about their personal travel as we are about business travel. If you believe you have been at risk of exposure please contact your Human Resources Department so any risk can be assessed. We are limiting travel to business essential travel only.
- Stay Informed: With so much information in the media it’s important that we remain grounded in the facts. The most up-to-date information can be found at the CDC website link below, and if you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact your Human Resources team. The Human Resource team will continue to update employees if/when any further actions become necessary.
- If you have a fever with other symptoms, please be respectful of other team members, call your supervisor and stay home.
Check back next month for an update.
March Madness is certainly taking on a new tone for 2020 and it’s not been fun so far. While the world is making it a little more challenging to conduct business in a traditional manner, it just makes us work a little harder to be creative and thinking out of the box.
The news isn’t all doom and gloom. We are glass half-full here in the marketing world. Half way through the month of March and we are actually a little ahead of where we were last year in terms of digital leads. As of March 1-16, 2019 we had 609 digital leads and at the end of the day March 16th, we had 716 digital leads. COI leads are a little behind, but that is to be expected with so many people not in the office right now. Last year March we had 187 COI leads and as of end of the day March 16th, we had 137 COI leads. That’s not bad based in our current environment. As for existing customer leads, well we are right on par, last year we were at 353 and right now were are at 343.
The even better news here is that out of all of leads so far in the first half of March (1149 total leads in 2019 and 1196 total leads in 2020), 540 of those are WAV leads for March 2020 and that’s way ahead of last year (374 WAV leads).
Just remember, there are tools out there for you to use to reach your customers when they can’t make it in to the store. FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Google Duo, and more. Don’t let this social distancing hold you back from reaching out to your customers.
As the coronavirus continues to hold us all hostage, we are continuing to look for new and innovative ways to reach more customers and bring in more leads. If you have any questions in the meantime, please give us a call or send us an email, where are here when you need us.
Below are a few highlights of what’s happening IT:
- New phone system testing currently underway. Testing with call center agents by the end of the month.
- Email phishing campaign for UA started in late Feb. We’re doing pretty well so far so keep up the good work!
- Final piece of software for new printer deployment being configured in March.
- Working on gathering fax numbers together to convert to new E-Fax solution.
- Kersey AD/O365 migration to begin starting the weekend of March 13th. Ability Center O365 to follow.
- Continuing to work with Dealerstar to help identify performance bottlenecks when they arise. Performance should improve once Dealerstar moves their infrastructure to AWS. Relevant for end users, the URL for Dealerstar will change (the website link). Nothing else will change – just the link to access the site. We are performing testing of Dealerstar in AWS this February and March. The production move will not occur until mid April.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
One in every 20 adults in the US suffers from depression each year. We are sure you have been touched by someone you know or loved who has been depressed. If you or someone you know needs support because you may be struggling with depression please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255. To find out more about signs or causes of depression, or some suggestions on bating depression please look at an Anthem brochure https://file.anthem.com/MANSH0307ABS.pdf
LiveHealth Online Psychology – the new “FaceTime” for mental health appointments
Scheduling a visit to a mental health doctor can be hard during the business day. As we move to a more digital world, did you know you can schedule to have an in-person visit on a mobile device that is convenient for you. Talk to your doctor from your own couch or room – not theirs. Make an appointment at 6am or at 9pm – whatever is right for your schedule. Don’t miss a meeting with a mental health professional because you can’t make it during normal business hours. Learn more about the Anthem LiveHealth Online program today by going to https://file.anthem.com/61179ANMENABS.pdf
New monthly initiative for Wellness
How did your February Fitness Challenge go? Did you take 15 minutes out of your day to take a walk and drink 64oz of water each and every day of February? If so, don’t forget to contact email@example.com with your fitness goal complete and you will be awarded 50 Kazoo points.
March is Park It and Walk & Fruited Up
- Park as far away from the entrance to your job each day
- Eat 3 servings of fruit each day
March Recipe Corner
St. Patrick’s Day Veggie Pinwheels
- 4 Large Spinach Tortillas
- 2/3 cup of Light Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp dry ranch powder
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrot strips
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper strips
- ½ cup of baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup of cooked shredded chicken (optional)
- Mix together the cream cheese and ranch powder until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the 4 tortillas.
- Leaving a 1-inch border on all sides of the tortilla, lay out 2 tbsp of each vegetable in a row across the tortilla, top with shredded chicken.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly, if the ends do not stay shut you can add a bit more cream cheese to seal.
Cut crosswise into pinwheels and serve
Employee Rewards and Recognition Program
|JR Fields||April 3rd|
|Mike Bradshaw||April 8th|
|Tina Landeck||April 8th|
|Brittany Scott||April 11th|
|Aaron Chapman||April 14th|
|Carrie Chapman||April 14th|
|Gary Coen||April 17th|
|Michael Van Oordt||April 20th|
|Stephen Kinstler||April 22nd|
|Don Dohse||April 23rd|
|Terri Venhaus||April 23rd|
|Brittany Wiseman||April 27th|
|Jennifer Mann||April 30th|
|Steven Marsolek||April 30th|
|Max Mills||4/1||7 Years|
|Brady LaRose||4/11||3 Years|
|Jessica Hester||4/14||5 Years|
|Matt Kramer||4/14||17 Years|
|Dave Carnes||4/18||4 Years|
|Heather Curts||4/18||4 Years|
|Jeff Curts||4/18||4 Years|
|Rich Gerth||4/18||4 Years|
|Norberto Guadalupe||4/18||4 Years|
|Kirk Paddyfoote||4/18||4 Years|
|David Stacker||4/18||4 Years|
|Scott Walker||4/18||4 Years|
|Brett Vena||4/24||5 Years|
|Kelley Condray||4/25||12 Years|
|Rich Wadlow||4/27||5 Years|
|John Beering||4/29||1 Year|