United Access Logo
Header Phone

How to Apply for the Veterans Wheelchair Van Grant

Back To Main

United Access is here to help veterans get access to wheelchair accessible vans with the assistance and grants offered by the VA. Veterans and service members can apply for the automobile and/or the special adaptive equipment grant by completing VA Form 21-4502, Application for Automobile or Other Conveyance and Adaptive Equipment, and submitting it to your local VA regional office. The instructions on the VA Form 21-4502 contain a list of adaptive equipment that has been pre-approved for particular disabilities. Visit www.va.gov/vaforms/ to find VA forms and applications. United Access has assisted many Veterans in acquiring wheelchair accessible vans and is committed to helping our heroes get the mobility tools and equipment they need.

Eligibility Requirements (Automobile Grant)

  • Loss, or permanent loss of use, of one or both feet
  • Loss, or permanent loss of use, of one or both hands
  • Permanent impairment of vision in both eyes to a certain degree
  • Severe burn injury
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)